Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, St. Andrews Episcopal Church was built in 1901 with a California Redwood frame and a rough-faced Virginia granite exterior. With almost 120 years of service, the church requires periodic renovation work completed with careful consideration of the structure and its historical significance. St. Andrews is one of many structures financed and organized by Grace Arents, a Christian activist and philanthropist working at the turn of the 20th century. While a strong subfloor and new floor covering were desired, the project goals also called for minimal impact on the structure. The project
Like several commercial facilities across the U.S., the four-story, 140,000 square foot, Commercial Appeal newspaper office and production building was converted for healthcare use in the wake of the COVID epidemic. The Commercial Appeal building’s historic property location has been home to three Memphis newspapers including Commercial Appeal, as well as a Ford Model T factory. The most recent building on the site saw decades of newspaper office and production use with massive printing presses. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Tennessee Emergency Management Agency spearheaded the initiative with aggressive timelines for all facets of the project. The subfloors
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Hotel Northland opened in Green Bay, Wisconsin, on March 21, 1924, as the largest hotel in the state. For more than 50 years, Hotel Northland, with its status as a boutique hotel well-appointed with the most luxurious amenities, served as the social hub of Green Bay.